Control Rationalization Summary
The cost of compliance continues to rise or remain static, in part, because many organizations continue to test duplicate controls, insignificant controls, and/or redundant controls.
Our control rationalization service, is designed to increase control efficiency by identifying opportunities to reduce the number of key controls tested in our client’s control environment while improving or retaining the existing quality level of the control environment.
Control Rationalization Approach
In order to rationalize an organization’s controls, our resources:
- follow a pragmatic risk based, top down approach based on the guidance outlined in Auditing Standard 5,
- identify low cost testing entity level controls to replace controls with higher testing costs,
- assess the impact of technology on the control environment,
- determine if technology is being leveraged to its fullest extent, and
- prepare a comprehensive report with our findings and recommendations.
For additional information
Get in touch for